Thursday, November 25, 2010

McDonalds Ad and sub ad

1. The image of Clara Hughes works to promote McDonalds because she is an Olympic winner. I have used a celebrity to endorse my product.
3. My slogan, McDonalds. For Winners, gives the message that if you want to be a winner you should eat McDonalds much like Clara, an Olympic winner.
4. In my opinion, I have made the product bigger. Instead of knowing average everyday people eat McDonalds, I'm implying that winners do too.
5. The intended audience of this ad is the athletic population. It attracts their attention by using celebrity endorsement and success.
6. I feel that the AIDA effect is used well in this ad. It grabs your attention and interest by using a celebrity endorser, it evokes the desire to win and it tells you to take action by eating McDonalds.
7. This ad sparks the need to achieve.


1. This image actually does not promote the product. It demotes it by showing consumers what eating McDonalds can do to you.
3. My slogan, McDonalds. For Winners, gives the message that if you want to be a winner you should eat McDonalds. However, in this case, you do not want to be the winner.
4. Through this ad I have made the product smaller by showing the consequences of eating McDonalds all the time. In a sense, the sizes of the two sumo wrestlers represent the food chains of the world. No matter what you do, McDonalds will always be a dominant fast food chain over the other restaurants.
5. My intended audience are those who consume McDonalds on a daily basis. It attracts their attention by showing the harsh reality.
6. I feel that the AIDA effect is used well in this ad. It grabs your attention and interest by exaggerating the truth, it evokes the desire change and it tells you to take action by taking an interest in your health and minimize the amount of McDonalds consumed.
7. The appeal used in this ad is the need for guidance.

1 comment:

  1. This is really good Vivian. I find the subvertisement very entertaining and I definitely will not be eating at McDonalds any time soon.

    ReplyDelete