Monday, November 22, 2010

Ghabes VALS Outcome and fun.

My outcome was Striver/Experiencer. I somewhat agree with both of these, but there are some things used to describe these two types that i wouldn't use to describe myself. Strivers are trendy and fun loving and are motivated by achievement. They favor stylish products that emulate the purchases of people with greater material wealth, these things i agree with. The one thing i don't agree with is that many strivers prefer jobs over careers, but i do agree that a lack of focus will prevent me from moving ahead. I don't agree with Experiencer because it says they seek excitement, when i don't. But i do like "cool" stuff, and I'm influenced by sports and offbeat things. Out of the 15 advertising appeals i chose two, the need for attention and the need for prominence. The need for attention because Strivers are often trendy and like to stand out, and often using favourable styles to direct peoples attention their way. The need for prominence because in a way it is very similar to the need for attention, craving attention goes hand in hand with being respected and admired.


Irwin out.

No comments:

Post a Comment