Thursday, December 16, 2010

Blog Post #2

The VAL types that I have been given are Experiencer and Achievers. There are certain points in the information that is given for Achievers and Experiencers that I do agree with, but there are certain points that are STRONGLY wrong about myself. As an "achiever" I am strongly motivated by the desire for achievement, and have goals that I am in deep commitment to. My social life does have a great amount of family, and friends involved. As an achiever I do give a massive amount of respect and value consensus, predictability, and stability over risk, intimacy, and self-discovery.

Now as a "experiencer" I strongly disagree with the fact that I consume my money is fashion, entertainment, and socializing OR how my purchases reflect the emphasis that looking good and having "cool" stuff are the only way to achieve what I want in life. There is nothing more that I can't stand when I am being judged on spending habits I may or may not have, or the simple joy I have in my life with my friends. This survey seems unrealistic to my life style. I don't spend all my money on fashion, entertainment, and socializing.

No comments:

Post a Comment